The leading trade association and business support organisation for the UK printing industry.
01/2002 - 03/2005 Director of Corporate & External Affairs
Board and P & L responsibility for the BPIF’s activities in Public Affairs (representation and government lobbying), Information Services (statistical information, trends and survey reports), consulting business and all of the BPIF’s PR, marketing and web activities.
03/2007 – 09/2007 Bus Dev Director - Print Management
Worked with Managing Director to evolve and develop Williams Lea’s competitiveness in print management market.
- Part of management team that turned round the organisation from £870,000 loss to profit within 12 months
- Re-launched the BPIF Excellence Awards exceeding previous records for award entry numbers and attendees resulting in turning the event from £30k loss to profit
- Led the re-launch of the BPIF’s website as ‘britishprint.com’ which was adjudged runner-up for the 2003 Trade Association ‘Website of the Year’
- Brought PR in-house and increased trade press coverage of BPIF by over 100% to appearing on an average of 39 pages per month
- Consistently achieved marketing objectives to support BPIF growth whilst under-spending corporate affairs budget by an average of £75,000 per year.
- Re-launched the BPIF’s £600,000 business consultancy service as BPIF Business introducing new products, reversing net loss and achieving modest growth in revenues
- Reversed a clause in the Tobacco Advertising Bill, fought the imposition of statutory union recognition for SMEs and published revised model Terms & Conditions for the sector.
For more details of my role as BPIF Deputy Chief Executive please click here